Thursday, January 7, 2010

Howling at the Moon

I am about to head off for at least a week of uninterrupted writing time courtesy of some very generous friends who have given me the use of their cabin. Just thinking about it makes me giddy. A week to be alone with my characters, to live within my story without needing to surface for grocery shopping, forgotten homework, doctor's appointments, even phone calls. There will be no TV, no Internet,and very limited cell service. The closest town is 30 miles away and the road to get the main road is down several miles of dirt road. Once there, I am there. And it's just me and everybody currently living in my head.

Believe me, this is a writer's idea of heaven.

It's seldom that I get the chance to live so completely within my story and it is a wonderful gift. My goal is to come back home with the second draft of my novel finished. And I'm so ready to be finished, let me tell you.

So, there will be no new blog posts for a bit, but when I return, watch out.

No comments: