Thursday, January 20, 2011

Taking My Brain for a Walk

Sometimes, the most frustrating part of being a writer is dealing with a reluctant brain. My brain decides quite frequently that one really productive day means it can take the next three or four days off and refuses to engage when confronted by a computer screen full of my novel. This week was very much like that. I had a good writing day on Tuesday and haven't been worth a brass farthing since then. So I did the only thing I could under the circumstances.

I gave up and took my brain somewhere to take pictures.

Borrowing from my friend's family's idea of keeping a creative blog, I decided to start doing creative investigations each month and posting them here. My brain decided today was the day to start the endeavor. This month's theme is patterns. And the best place I know of for patterns is the Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park.













No comments: