Monday, February 9, 2009

Winter Maladies

Went to the doctor today and found out that the lingering cough I've had since coming back from my writing retreat, is or has morphed into bronchitis. Which explains why I've been feeling like...well, you probably get the picture. No energy. Coughing all the time. Don't want to do anything.

The strange thing is that I knew I wasn't feeling well. I knew this. It was very obvious. But once the doctor put a name to it and gave me a list of medications to take as well as a prescription, I started feeling better. She also told me to take it easy. Which gave me permission to relax, take a nap, and stop beating myself up for not getting everything done that needs to get done. All I can do, is all I can do.

So, not a lot to report. I was at the dump on Saturday and found a great treasure trove of angels. I'm looking at creating an alphabet - A is for angels, B is for broken blue bowl, etc. At least that's my present idea. The next time I go, I'll probably figure out something else I want to do. The great dilemma is choosing one thing to work on and explore.

No comments: