Monday, March 2, 2009

Happy March

I can not believe a month has already gone by since the semester and my residency started. I am still very wiped out by being sick and feel seven shades of brain dead. I keep coming to the computer and thinking I'm going to get work done, but, instead, all I do is play Spider Solitaire. It's gotten bad enough that I'm thinking of deleting the program from my computer - I can not be trusted with it.

It's a strange space I'm in at the moment - that kind of fog where I know there is so much that needs to get done and not being able to settle on any one thing in particular because as soon as I get started on something, the rest of the monkeys come screaming about needing attention and, at the moment, I'm out of monkey chow. I know this is how my semesters usually get started, but this time, I also have the added pressure of the residency and wanting that to come out well. I am very high up on the "I don't know what the hell I'm doing" scale at the moment - a place I live in so often you'd think I'd get used to it, but no, I don't. The air is very thin up here, so it takes a while for my brain to start functioning again. But I wish it would. And soon.

No comments: