Sunday, March 29, 2009

Here are a couple more pictures of things I'm working on:




The faces are part of a piece that uses a poem I wrote - a 'fractured' sestina "Meditation on Color." I'm still trying to figure out what to mount the faces and text on and have a couple of options - either individual pieces of wood or this large piece that kind of reminds me of an altar.


Here's what the container looks like right now:


And here's a better image of the weaving piece:


All through my day, while I'm working, I'm trying to tuck away things to post on the blog, but then, by the time I'm sitting in front of my computer, I'm so tired, I can't remember most of what I've been thinking. But they're really amazing things. Honest. Someday, I'll be able to write them all down. Although mostly, right now, what I'm thinking is: I so love my life. And how many times can I write that without getting really boring?

No comments: